NSP Scholarship | National Scholarship Portal 2022-23 (MOMA)
Post Update:- 22/07/2022 || 12:30 AM
Short Information:- Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA), Govt of India invites online application form for Pre Matric Scholarships, Post Matric Scholarships, Merit Cum Means (MCM) Scholarship and Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Scheme for Minorities Academic Year 2022-23 through National Scholarship Portal (NSP 2.0) for Fresh & Renewal. Interested candidates read the full notification before apply.
- Application Start Date: 20-07-2022
- Application Last Date: 30-09-2022
- Defective Application Verification Last Date: 16-10-2022
- Institute Verification Last Date: 16-10-2022
- There is no any application fees/ charges required for scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for NSP Scholarship
▶ Pre Matric Scholarship:
- Eligibility- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination and annual income of their parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh.
- Scope- The scholarship will be awarded for studies in India in a government or private school from class I to class X, including such residential Government institutes and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government and Union Territory Administration concerned.
- Scholarship will be available to the students of minority community studying in Classes I to X.
▶ Post Matric Scholarship:
- Eligibility- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh.
- Scope- The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private higher secondary school/college/university, including such residential institutes of the Government and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned. It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes XI and XII level including Polytechnics and other courses (any course of less than one year duration is not covered under this scheme; Certificate courses are also not covered).
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students studying in Classes XI and XII including technical and vocational courses of this level including Polytechnics, ITIs, and other courses.
▶ Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Professional and Technical Courses CS:
- Eligibility- SScholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh.
- Scope- The scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a Government or private institution, selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned. It will cover technical and professional courses at undergraduate and post graduate level. A list of courses are at Appendix-E.
- Students who get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for the scholarship.
▶ Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship:
- Only girl students belonging to six notified Minority Communities i.e. Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains and Parsis are eligible.
- Scholarship will be awarded to minorities’ girl students who are studying in Class 9th to 12th, and have secured at-least 50% marks or equivalent grade in aggregate in previous class/qualifying exam.
- Annual income of student’s parent/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh.
- An Income certificate, issued from a Competent Authority in the State/UTs Governments is required in respect of parent/guardian of the student.
- A self-Certified community Certificate is required from a student who has attained 18 years of age. For others the Community Certificate certified by parent/guardian of the student is required.
- (Fore more details must see official scholarship notification)
List of Documents Required For NSP MOMA Scholarships
The following documents are required to be uploaded for Fresh applications under the Merit cum Means based Scholarship if the amount of Scholarship is more than Rs. 50,000/- per annum. Uploading of document is not necessary for applying under Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme.
- Student Photo.
- Verification Form to be provided by the Institution
- Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the State/UT Government.
- A self certified Community Certificate from the applicant who has attained 18 years of age and for others the Community Certificate certified by parent/guardian is required.
- Applicants for Scholarship under MCM based Scheme have to upload self-attested Mark Sheet, indicating that the applicant has secured not less than 50% marks in the last qualifying exam at higher secondary/ graduation level.
- Fee Receipt of ‘Current Course Year’.
- Bank Account number of the Student along with the IFSC Code of the bank branch (for Pre Matric Scheme where students do not have their own bank account, parents/guardian can provide their own account details).
- Residential/ Domicile Certificate.
- Aadhaar number of the student and if Aadhaar is not available then bonafide student certificate from the school/institute and scanned copies of bank passbook and Aadhaar enrolment ID (if applied for Aadhaar).
- If School/Institute is located in a State/UT different from domicile State/UT of the applicant then bonafide student certificate from School/Institute.
Note:- The format of the file should be.pdf and .jpeg and the size of each document should not exceed more than 200 kb.
List of All Central Sector Scheme
All Central Sector Scholarship Scheme has been opened from 20 July 2022 through National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
- Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
- Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Ministry of Labour & Employment
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- Department of School Education & Literacy
- Department of Higher Education
- WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs
- RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway
- North Eastern Council(NEC), DoNER
Some Important Link
NSP is one-stop solution through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, verification, processing, and disbursal of various scholarships to students are facilitated. National Scholarship Portal is taken as Mission Mode Project (MMP) under Digital India. This initiative aims at providing a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive and Transparent ‘SMART’ System for faster and effective disbursal of Scholarship to eligible applicants directly into their account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) without any leakages.
Online scholarships application is being invited from eligible Male and Female studying students for Central Sector Scheme under various department as Pre Matric and Post Matric Scholarship. The all eligible applicants can apply online through NSP Portal https://scholarships.gov.in/ for Academic Session 2022-23 for various Scholarship schemes.
NSP Scholarships Selection Process
Fresh – As the number of scholarships for minorities available in a year is fixed and limited, it is necessary to lay down preference for selection. Inter-se selection weightage is to be given to poverty rather than marks (the applicant is required to submit an income certificate as per para-11(ii)). In case of same income, merit shall be generated from ‘Date of Birth’ criteria of applicant (senior is preferred).
Renewal – There is no merit list generation for renewal cases. Renewal applicant will get the scholarship if one has obtained 50% in his/her previous year’s examinations (at the same institute and in same course) and his/her application is verified by all authorities (as designated by Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/UTs.
NSP Scholarships Distribution
Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jain and Zoroastrians (Parsis) have been notified as minority communities under Section 2 (c) of the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992. A total of five (05) lakh scholarships are targeted to be distributed as ‘Fresh’ Scholarships, besides, Renewal scholarships. The distribution of scholarship among the States/Union Territories will be made on the basis of population of minorities in the States/Union Territories as per Census 2001 for 2017-18 and as per the population of minorities in the States/Union Territories of Census 2011 for 2018-19 and 2019-20 (as per Appendices- A & B).
NSP Scholarships Application Steps
- Step-1. Registration Details.
- Step-2. Academic Details.
- Step-3. Basic Details.
- Step-4. Documents Uploading (If Applicable).
- Step-5. Taking Print Out Or Saving In PDF Format.
How to Apply for NSP Scholarships
The Pre-Matric, Post Matric and Merit cum Means based Scholarship Schemes are online Schemes and one can apply for fresh or renewal Scholarship under any of these Schemes on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) at https://scholarships.gov.in/. Link to the Portal is also provided on the website of the Ministry of Minority Affairs, i.e. www.minorityaffairs.gov.in. An online undertaking has to be submitted for registration on the NSP by applicants who are above the age of 18 years and by the parents/guardian if the applicant is below the age of 18 years.
NSP Scholarships Helplines
NSP Scholarships All Important Links
NSP Scholarships FAQs
1. What is full form of NSP?
– National Scholarship Portal.
2. What is NSP or National Scholarship Portal?
– National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is one-stop solution through which various services starting from Student Application, Application Receipt, Verification, Processing, and Disbursal Of Various Scholarships to Students are Facilitated.
3. When will NSP Scholarship 2022-23 Application form start?
– Scholarships application has been started from 20 July 2022.
4. What is NSP Pre and Post Matric Scholarship application last date?
– Last date for submission of online scholarship application form is 30 September.
5. Who are eligible to apply for Pre-Matric, Post Matric And Meritcum Means Based Scholarship schemes?
– Students Belonging to Six Notified Minority Communities Viz. Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi (Zoroastrian) studying in India only and fulfilling the scheme guidelines are eligible to apply for these Scholarships.
6. What is NSP Scholarship contact/ help line number?
– Phone- 0120-6619540 | Email- [email protected]
Bihar Police Fireman Supplementary Admit Card 2022 Post Update:- 11/08/2022 || 07:17 PM Short Information:- Central Selection Board of Constable (CSBC) Has Issued Online Written
Har Ghar Tiranga Certificate 2022 / Registration Apply Online Post Update:- 09/08/2022 || 10:37 AM Short Information:- Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav has released the Har